Sunday afternoon baking has to be one of my favourite weekend activities, I love following recipes, adapting them and making them my own.
This weekend I decided to make my very own vegan Oreo-stuffed peanut butter cookies, but couldn’t find a recipe that I was comfortable with making. They either required an egg substitute that I didn’t want to use or they included ingredients that were impossible to get a hold of. So, I decided to create my own recipe combining those that I had already seen and share it with you all.
Before getting into the recipe, I would just like to say that I am by no means a professional baker, and I do apologise for the look of my cookies. They may look ugly but they were delicious. Looks aren’t everything after all!
What you’ll need:
- 56g creamy peanut butter
- 75g vegan butter
- 160g packed light brown sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 160g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Six Oreo cookies
- One mashed banana
- Preheat your oven to 180oc and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, combine your butter and sugar until creamy. You can either do this with a wooden spoon or with an electric whisk, it’s completely up to you.
- Once the butter and sugar mixture are creamed together, you can add your peanut butter and banana. Mix until well combined.
- Next, stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- When you’re happy that the mixture is ready, scoop out a table spoon of cookie dough, and flatten it slightly in your hand, and place one Oreo in the centre. Mould the cookie dough to completely cover the Oreo, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with rest of dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe was truly delicious and if you love healthy(ish) eating then you should definitely try these. Why not make them as a gift for Christmas? I know I’d love to receive them!
Do you love baking at the weekend? Let me know what you like making in the comments or on Twitter – @Emstagramr