Let’s be honest, we’ve all spent a couple of hours scrolling through the Instagram explore feed looking for new products, reviews, and makeup looks that we want to try out. With Instagram being one of my favourite apps to get inspiration for products from, I thought why not share with you the five items that Instagram influenced me to buy!
- When Kylie Cosmetics first launched in 2016, there was a huge hype around it all over Instagram and I knew I definitely had to get a few products. The first lip product I tried was the Metal Matte Lipstick in the shade Heir, a pinkish gold metallic. I actually really do like this; it’s comfortable on the lips, long-lasting and has good pigmentation! You can wear this on its own, but I find that it looks perfect on top of a matte lip colour as a highlight. The only bad thing that I have to say is that the scent of this is not great! It’s very sweet and lingers on your lips, so if you’re into the whole metal lip look and don’t mind strong scents, then you should try this.
Keeping up with the Kylie Cosmetics theme, I also wanted to try out the Posie K Gloss, a cool mid-tone berry. I love this! This gloss is unlike any other gloss that I’ve tried; it’s extremely pigmented yet creamy. Considering it’s a gloss, I’ve also found that this has a long-lasting power; however, isn’t completely transfer-proof. For a flawless look, I would recommend pairing this with a liner, but don’t apply too many coats! Similar to Heir and all of Kylie’s other products, this has a very sweet vanilla scent that you either love or you hate, so although I love this product and think that you should try it too, just be warned on the scent!
Left to right- Heir & Posie K
- The next product that I was inspired to buy, thanks to Instagram is the Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Celebrity Skin’. I have heard great things about his liquid lipsticks, and after watching Jeffree on YouTube for a couple of years now I thought that it was time I made a Jeffree Star Cosmetics purchase. To start with, the packaging of this is beautiful and will definitely stand out in your makeup collection! The formula is also amazing, the colour payoff is not like any I have used before; it’s highly pigmented and I can easily paint my lips with one dip in the tube. The matte effect on this lipstick isn’t as drying as other liquid lipsticks that I have tried, but if your lips are already chapped, then I would perhaps stay away from this. If your lips are hydrated, then pick up this shade. It’s a perfect nude! I also decided to purchase the shade Virginity, a soft lilac shade with a grey undertone. Similar to Celebrity Skin, the formula of this is beautiful, it’s pigmented, applies smoothly and it’s long lasting! What more could you want with a liquid lipstick? I was definitely inspired by Instagram to buy these products, and I’m so glad that I did!
Left to right- Celebrity Skin & Virginity
3. Moving on to a foundation that became one of the most talked about ‘high end’ foundations amongst beauty instagrammers in 2013, Nars Sheer Glow. I have been using this on and off for a good few years now, and I can’t believe that I’m only just writing about it! It is one of those products that I love to use, but then while I am trying something else, it will get thrown to the back of my drawer, then I will dig it back out and fall back in love with it all over again. Firstly, I want to say, don’t be afraid of the name as this certainly isn’t sheer but has a medium to full coverage that lasts all day, whilst still feeling lightweight on the skin! I like to apply one or two pumps onto the back of my hand and blend it onto my face with a buffing brush to get maximum coverage. It gives a naturally radiant finish that looks like skin, while at the same time, having a brightening effect. Overall – I love it, and I always will! If you’re looking for a new foundation that will stay a favourite, then you need this in your life.
4. Instagram also made me buy the Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops in the shade Celestial. I’ve spoken about this on my blog many times before, but if you didn’t know… I’m in love with this highlighter. This is the perfect liquid highlighter as it can be mixed with your foundation or moisturiser but can also be used on its own! At the moment, I’m enjoying applying it under my foundation, after primer to give me a glow from within. Although on the pricey side, I think that considering the small amount of product you need to make a big impact, it is completely worth it!
5. If you are an avid YouTube watcher like I am, you probably know that one of the top makeup brands, Anastasia Beverly Hills, and a top YouTuber Nicole Guerriero came out with a highlighter palette earlier this year. I have a full blog post on this item that you can read here, so I won’t go into too much detail, but this is one of the best highlighting palettes I’ve ever purchased. Being the super-fanatic highlighter junkie that I am, I feel like that’s really saying something. The kit comes with six super pigmented shades suitable for all skin types, that look amazing on the skin. My current favourites are ‘Forever Lit’ and ‘Daydream’, as they’re perfect summer shades. I have to admit, if you’re a highlight lover like me then you need to try this out, but if you’re one to go for a more subtle glow then I wouldn’t waste your money!
Overall, it’s fair to say that I’m very inspired by the people I follow on Instagram and the Instagram explore feed, and I’ve not been disappointed yet!
What’s one product that Instagram made you buy? Let me know in the comments or on Twitter @Emstagramr!